Where has my life gone?

The complete ramblings of a small town girl.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Wooohooo. A Party.

Laurie worries about her party, I am practically bouncing up and down excited about mine.

OK. So it is not exactly my party. I am on the Main Street Board. And every year we have this huge fund-raiser. The fund-raiser is a raffle incorporated into a great party atmosphere. There is food, drink(lots and lots of drink) money, games, auctions, prizes, music and so much more!

And the best part. I am chairing it for the 2nd year in a row! It is like having a party for myself but not having to pay for any of it! I get to plan, plan, plan right down to the tiniest detail. I LOVE it.

Food, Centerpieces, theme, decorations, music - it is mine all mine to coordinate! This is one of the biggest social events of the year here in my teeny, tiny town. Well right after High School Football, but that's a whole 'nother post.

It is in November - and we start meeting this week! I am so damn excited. Of all the volunteer work I do - this is by far my favorite project.

Of course last year - I had a mini breakdown(it involved crying and walking out of a meeting) right before the event. Then I had to take a mental health day after the event to recuperate. But 7 months later and I seem to have forgotten all of the bad parts of doing this and all I can remember is how much fun it was to plan!

As details of the party emerge I will share - and this year I will remember my digi cam so I can share pics of my fabulous event!

Gotta Go - I have about a million and 1 To Do lists to make before my first meeting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home