Where has my life gone?

The complete ramblings of a small town girl.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Weather Obsession

I live in FL. So it is that time of year(aka Hurricane Season) when I start obsessing over the weather. I will watch the 8am, Noon, 5pm and 10pm weather EVERY DAY until Hurricane Season is over.

I never used to worry about Hurricanes(I live inland) until last year. Now I watch so much weather that I have a crush on the weather guy. Check him out - he is hot! He is incredibly tall!

Oh - back to what I was saying. Inland - never worried much - worry lots now. Last year Hurricanes defied all inland probabilities of being hit and we got hit multiple times. One of those times left me without power for 10 freakin days. 10 days - no power - I was a nasty person(disposition and smell factor). I actually looked forward to coming to work during that time - because work had power.

Oh - Did I mention - that my Boyfriend was out of town during those 10 days with no power? He takes a 2 week trip to Canada every year DURING THE HEIGHT OF HURRICANE SEASON. Bastard. At least he was kind enough o teach me how to use the generator before he left.

So we are a few days into Hurricane Season - we are in the middle of Hurricane Supply shopping(should be done but I am a big procrastinator) - and the first Tropical Storm(aka could potentially become a hurricane) is brewing already! Crap.

So now on top of just watching the weather 50 times a day - I will add in obsessively refreshing the NOAA Website. I will not relax until this storm is barreling into New Orleans - and well clear of me.

Ya'll better get used to my weather rants - Hurricane season does not end until sometime in November.

Catch ya'll later - it is time for NOAA to post another update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home