Where has my life gone?

The complete ramblings of a small town girl.

Friday, May 06, 2005

Call me She-Ra

Is that how She-Ra is spelled? You 80's kids now who I am talking about right?

My Mom(a nurse) pulled rank and took me to the ER this morning. She tried to bring me to my Dr, but my Dr office told her the meds needed time to work( I have been taking them since Monday). My mom explained to them that I was getting worse, but they didn't listen. So she loaded me up for a trip to the ER.

ER Doc was very nice and did Chest and Sinus Xrays. She said my lungs and sinuses were starting to clear, but that she was worried about my asthma and that I had damaged my vocal chords from coughing so much.

A few breathing treatments and a shot of steroids later and I was on my way back home. I have a hand full of steroids to take for the next week and she said I should be felling better by Sunday/Monday.

I can tell you that at the moment I feel like She-Ra, with a wicked cough and a raspy voice. These steroids kick ass.

I am supposed to be resting my vocal chords. This will be very hard for me. I have trouble not talking, thank the sweet tea for the internets.

So I am trying to be quiet - this so very hard for someone considering I even talk to the TV. Please comment and email so I have some conversations to carry on.

7 Comments:

  • At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can you at least knit? Sometimes when I'm sick (and mostly when my head is plugged up) my IQ plummets so badly I can barely manage garter stitch. I talk to the TV too, not that they listen to me. Lost would be a completely different show. Anything interesting on? A series on DVD you haven't seen yet?

    Hopefully you'll be feeling better after the weekend and the meds.

    Oh, commission checks. Yeah, I would drag myself into work for that too.

     
  • At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Crystal, come visit me. We don't have germs and sickness here. (ha!)

    Feel better soon!!!!

     
  • At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And I loved she-ra ...

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Too Busy To Care said…

    carrie - I am not a knitter - i tried once - my grandmother kindly told me to put down the knitting needles and find another hobbie.

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Too Busy To Care said…

    Laurie - i so knew you would know who She-Ra. That makes me happy.

    I will come visit - I promise. And I will make you do all of the stupid touristy stuff.

    Remind me to tell you about the stupid thing I did ona trip to San Francisco once. I was a very dumb tourist.

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All tourists are dumb by definition. That's what we love about them. You didn't wear shorts and freeze, did you? I don't think I would have seen half the sights in the City if it hadn't been for my out-of-town relatives.

    So, did the meds kick in and help yet?

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't find your nextel # to call you. Will you email it to me????

    Thanks,
    Your very inept stalker

     

Post a Comment

<< Home