Where has my life gone?

The complete ramblings of a small town girl.

Friday, April 22, 2005

5 Book Questions

I am doing this to appease my stalker. If you are not my stalker you are still invited to read the following.

OK – so all of this is going to make me seem like I never read anything deep or thought provoking. I do on occasion – but for the most part I read to entertain myself. I stress way too much – and when I read I want it to be something light and funny that doesn’t make me think too much. So here goes.

Total number of books in your house:
Oh my gosh. Quite a few. Actually not as many as I used to because about 6 months ago I decided that I only wanted to own Hard Cover books so I gave away all of my paperbacks. I am a bit of a book snob.

The last book you bought was:
Last Friday on my day off I bought Ya-Ya’s in Bloom. I read quite a bit of it while I was waiting for my new tires to be put on.

What was the last book you read before reading this?
Ya-Ya’s in Bloom. I did not like it as much as the other two Ya-Ya books. Before that I read Alice in Wonderland for a project I am working on. I love Alice in Wonderland – the non-sensical nature of it appeals to me.

Write down 5 (or 6) books you often read or that mean a lot to you.
Ah, you all will soon find out that I am a big dork. I LOVE the Harry Potter books. I stood in line at midnight to buy the last one, and will probably stand in line at midnight to buy the next one also. So that takes care of 5 books that I like. I have read all of them multiple times. I think the reason I like them so much is because JKR uses so many details that they bring my imagination to life.

I also really like the James Herriot books. For those not familiar he is a British Veterinarian. The books are hilarious. The stories take you through his life as a rural vet – and the people and animals he comes across along the way. I think I like reading them so much because it takes place in a simpler time – when life was slow and less stressful.

I also own a lot of cookbooks – which I do sit down and read. I am not actually big on following the recipes….but I like to read them to get new ideas for my own creations. I especially love Rachel Rays cookbooks. Recipes that can be cooked and on the table in 30 minutes rock.


Who are you going to pass the stick to (three people) and why?
Molly – Because she has been borrowing my Harry Potter books lately and I want to see what other kinds of things she reads.

Jan – Because it will irritate him that I passed this on to him. Jan reads books like they are going to all be burned tomorrow. This man always has a book in his hand.

Aunt Judy – Because she reads a wide variety of books. She recently sent me "The Surrendered Wife" to read.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who needs heavy? reading shouldn't be work, it's supposed to be fun. I have to mix up the hard stuff with things that go down easy, otherwise it's too hard to get out of bed in the morning.

    Harry Potter rocks, and so do cookbooks!

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hate to tell you this, but Alice is rigorously logical.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home