Where has my life gone?

The complete ramblings of a small town girl.

Monday, April 18, 2005

You want me to run?

I did it. I finally bought my treadmill. I will have to get a pic of it so you can all see my wonderful new treadmill. It has all sorts of nifty features that I have no friggin idea how to work.

My first attempt at using the treadmill was interesting. It has programs that you can use. So I decided to use program weight Loss, Level 1. Now have I mentioned that up until this point I have been very successful at not exercising at all, hence the reason I am squishy.

So the program starts me off walking, then it inclines and makes me walk faster, then before I know it I am running. Me running. I was not expecting to run. Oh, no - I would have been perfectly happy to walk for the 30 minute workout. But no - the machine insisted I run, and it made me run several times at varying speeds! It sucked. But I have done it two more times since then and will continue to do it, because I don't want to be squishy any more. I am scared to see what level 2 will do to me.

I have everything I need....almost.
Having a new treadmill and starting to exercise foe course required that I go shopping. First Stop: Target. Where I purchased several pairs of these cute capri workout pants. I bought, pink, black, and kelly green. I LOVE these pants. And I bought some T-Shirts. Then on to the mall to buy a new pair of shoes. I got a pair of New Balance. They are very cute. Then I bought some new pony tail holders and a new water bottle.

If you are girl who runs - then you see what I am missing here. It never occurred to me that should I be running I might need a sports bra. So today I am going to have to go shopping again before I end up with two Black and Blue eyes.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooooh, treadmill! Post pics. I want to see what this torture device is all about, LOL.

    Actually, I think you are brilliant to buy a treadmill. If I had room, and money, I would park one in front of the TV and watch Tivo while walking. Ok, I say I would do this, but would I? Luckily, we will never know.

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Too Busy To Care said…

    This one folds up so it does not take up too much room.

    Mark has fears that all it will do is hold laundry. so far so good, I ahve used it three times now!

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Any new exercise program of course requires lots of new clothes, yay! It's all about the right equipment. Sadly, while I use a sports bra, I don't think it's actually physically necessary in my case. :-(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home