Where has my life gone?

The complete ramblings of a small town girl.

Monday, April 04, 2005

Weekends Don't Count.

So I am not going to discuss how my dieting went over the weekend. Weekends Don't Count. Besides being good all week, is being 5 times better than I was before. Besides who can go to Cracker Barrell and order a salad. I mean really - do they even have salads on their menus? I do know that they have really good sweet tea!

It's Like An All Natural Plug-In.
We have a screened in front porch and I decided that maybe it was time to put some plants on it. For those who know me you can stop laughing now. I DO NOT have a black thumb, plants just seem to die around me. So off to Lowes I went.(Ha Ha Screws) Where I wandered around the plant section for 2.5 hours on Sunday. I know nothing about plants. I am much more comfortable wandering around a shoe store for hours on end.

I finally struck gold and found myself in the Veggie & Herb section. I know herbs. I buy them at the grocery store to cook with all the time! I was ecstatic, I never thought to grow my own herbs before. So I bought some Basil and Lemon Balm, and a nice square pot to grow them in. I am very excited that I am growing a plant that will actually be useful to me. PLUS, now every time I walk out onto the porch it smells like Pesto.

.

7 Comments:

  • At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, I once drove all the way from my home, here in Los Angeles, to Yuma, Arizona because that is the location of the nearest Cracker Barrel. I am NOT kidding you. I never joke about something as serious as food. I got fried chicken, hash brown casserole, fried okra and biscuits with gravy. No lie, I almost died with pleasure.

    Herbs are good. Water them.

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Too Busy To Care said…

    Yet another reason I could not live in California. Cracker Barrel is a staple in my life. There is probably nothing onthere menu that I woudln't eat. MMMMMMMM.....biscuits and honey.

    My Herbs look fantastic today. And they smell great :)

     
  • At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Crystal, I love your blog. I also share your love for sugary drinks (although my drug of choice is sweet, sweet Coca-Cola) and of fried vegetables. Although I am only recently a fan of those - since Laurie made me fried Italian beans a couple months ago, really. Before that I abstained from all things green. Good luck with the herb garden. I wish I had a porch!

     
  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger Too Busy To Care said…

    Jennifer, First of All, Laurie cooked? Wow. I started to read your blog but kept getting interrupted by work, I made it through the post of your mom sending stuff home with you - she must know Marks mom. My mom used to grow herbs in the Kitchen window - you should give that a try.

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Laurie COOKED?" Um, thankyouverymuch. I COOKED. And no one DIED. ahe,

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ##frisky-pixie.com##

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Too Busy To Care, Your post Weekends Don't Count. was interesting. I came across it while researching healing herbs and such. I'm glad I stopped by to read it - even if it's not what I was searching for. Just wanted to say hi and wish you well! Deb

     

Post a Comment

<< Home