Where has my life gone?

The complete ramblings of a small town girl.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Pork Fat Makes Me Drool

My Fat Ass
That pretty much sums it up, well almost, the rest of my body is fat too. But I have finally gotten out of my funk and I am going to drag my fat ass to the gym. I hate the gym, it is sweaty and loud and people try to socialize with you while you have arm pit sweat stains on your cute gym clothes. But I do not have enough will power to exercise on my own, so off to the gym I go. If you see me there and there is any hint of sweating, please do no speak to me.

I am an addict
Along with going to the gym I have decided to start trying to eat healthier. More Veggies(No Laurie, potato chips do NOT count), Less Sugar. Only I am having a problem kicking 2 habits. First one is Coke. Yes, I am addicted to the sugary, caffeine goodness that is Coke. I tried going cold turkey, I made it a full day. Sorry to those of you who encountered me on that day, I am back on the wagon and everything should be OK now. My 2nd habit is sweet tea. Do you see where this is going......I really just need to admit I am addicted to sugar. I am now trying to decided which is the lesser of two evils...I think I may only be able to give up one of them.

Drooling On My Couch
I have forced Mark to join this health kick with me, I need someone else to feel my pain. Plus he is thisclose to 30 and getting a little saggy around the middle. So we have been eating our Healthy dinners and then later at night settling in on the couch to watch some TV. My favorite channel is Food Network. About 10 minutes into Emeril I was actually drooling. After about 30 minutes Mark was begging me to change the channel. So now we watch way more Home Improvement shows than Food Network.

Beevis and Butthead
That is Mark and I when we go into any kind of Home Improvement store. You would think we are grown up enough now, but apparently not. We spend the entire trip laughing at the names of things sound dirty. Example: Rod(Insert Beevis & Buthead laugh here), Nail(laugh again), Screw(ha, ha). Folks, we never tire of this, we are truly sad individuals.

Sweet Ending
I just finished my first sugary, caffeine beverage of the day...time to go out there and face the world, with a glass of sweet tea in my hand.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Exercise can kill you, yo. Be careful with that!!

    By the way, I'm like... REALLY SORRY that it's my fault that my dad found your blog. And apparently the memo went out. 'Cause, like, who knew pops would be surfing the internets? I. Am. So. Sorry.

    xoxo
    L

     

Post a Comment

<< Home