Where has my life gone?

The complete ramblings of a small town girl.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Yawn.

I like to sleep, a lot. I usually go to bed between 10 and 11pm. I usually get up at about 7:30am to be to work at 8:00-ish. Part of my new healthy living plan is to get up earlier. Mark gets up at 6:30am so I have been getting up with him. Let me tell you, it was much easier getting up at that hour last week when it was daylight at 6:30am. Now it is dark - and it sucks. And it is making it all that much harder for me to give up my caffeine and sugar habit.

So I have been getting up at 6:30am and fixing Mark breakfast. I don't eat because I am just not awake enough at that hour. I am so sleepy I might forget to swallow. Then Mark and I chat, he goes off to work, and I get a shower and get ready for work. I have been getting to work between 7:15 and 7:30 in the morning, that is some kind of record for me.

Smells like a nursing home
My original plan was to go to the gym in the morning before work. But when I went to join the gym it was yucky. In the teeny, tiny town I live in you have two gym choices, Curves and YMCA. Curves is in a tiny shopping strip, consists of about 8 machines and was filled with a crowd of women aged 80+. It smelled of Bengay. The YMCA is about a block from my office and is about the size of my walk-in closet and filled with buff young guys. There is no way I am sweating my squishy butt of in front of them.

I told Mark all I really want to do is find a way to get some exercise in so I can loose weight without having to go outdoors(read Achoo post). So he suggested I get a treadmill. So this weekend we are going to where ever it is that you buy sports equipment to look at a treadmill. Once I buy a treadmill I will be able to walk my squishy butt off in the comfort of my home in front of my TV watching Food Network.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey.... are you ever going to update? i missss you! hello? hi? come back!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home