Where has my life gone?

The complete ramblings of a small town girl.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Music, Beer and Bathrooms

I have become one of those people. You know how when you were younger and you would see someone older than you doing something and you would say "There is no way I am going to become one of those people when I get older."

I went to a concert with my friend Allison this weekend. Part of the way through the concert I realized the only time we had stood up was to A) Go get more beer and b) Go pee. By the way, it seems that as you get older, you also have to go pee more than you used to when drinking beer.

When I was younger and would go to concerts I used to be standing there jumping up and down and screaming and singing at the top of my lungs. And I would look around and see people sitting down(I am a big people watcher). And I would wonder to myself "How can these people just sit there. Why aren't they excited?"

And here I was, just a few short years later, sitting in my comfortable seat drinking my beer and enjoying the music without making a fool of myself. There were four young girls behind us all dressed up, jumping up and down, screaming and singing at the top of their lungs. And just for an instant I caught one of them looking at Allison and I sitting there drinking our beers - and you could see it on her face - I am so not going to become one of those people when I get older - I just smiled at her, and got up once again to go pee.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HA HA was this a REBA concert????????

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Too Busy To Care said…

    Smart Ass. Yes it was, did I mention this was a concert at the outdoor theater and that it was RAINING and VERY COLD.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home