Where has my life gone?

The complete ramblings of a small town girl.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

3 Levels of Spring Cleaning

I need to do some Spring Cleaning on many levels.

Level 1
The interior of my home. You know when you look around and start to notice the grime building up in the places you don't think to clean or don't like to clean? Like on the plant shelves, top of the kitchen cabinets, baseboards, top of the fridge, etc.

I also noticed that I need to take everything out of my kitchen cabinets and clean the shelves. This will be no easy task. I own lots of kitchen crap. I mean lots. Here is a quick glimpse of my kitchen:







My kitchen is small - but I have tons of kitchen crap shoved into the tiny space. I LOVE kitchen gadgets. I am the girl who is happy to get kitchen stuff for any gift giving occasion. It would not offend me if Mark bought me a new Food Processor for a gift. It would make me happy - I would promptly use it to make him a batch of home made salsa.

Level 2
The outside of my house. I do not like to do yard work. I HATE it. We live on 3 acres. There is a lot of yard work to be done. It sucks. I want a perfect yard with a gorgeous garden - but none of the work that comes with it. So, my plan is to research some easy to take care of plants(aka need no attention what so ever) to make the yard look beautiful. Maybe I can just grow weeds. A weed is something that is unwanted -so if I wanted weeds they wouldn't really be weeds. Right?

Level 3
My volunteer life. I am getting burned out on all of my volunteer activities. Which is a shame because I really, truly like the volunteering. It is just that there is so much that needs to be done. And apparently I am incapable of saying no. It seems like every weekend and several nights a week I am doing something. I need to evaluate all of the things I am involved in and decide which are the most important to me. Cause ya'll know it is all about me.

When will I do all of this?
That is the question of the day. Apparently I may need to start with Level 3 and work my way down to Level 2 & 1. Or maybe I should do Level 3, Level 1 and then Level 2.

Can ya'll tell I am feeling a bit better today? I have all of these grand plans - but none of the energy to actually accomplish them!

8 Comments:

  • At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'd do Level 3 first because that will give you the time you need to do all that cleaning! And you need to take care of yourself. Volunteering is a wonderful thing but it can really wring you out if you don't take a hiatus once in a while.

    Then Level 1 because, well, because now I'm going to have to go home and massively spring clean, thanks to you, lol. Your kitchen is adorable. I now want your yellow Kitchen Aid. I have an old (v. v. old) boring old white one.

    Level 2 last because it sounds like it's the least fun for you and who knows? Maybe some elves will do it. They don't weed my raised vegetable beds but I think they're afraid of the cats.

    So. How does it feel to get massive advice from a total stranger? I'd not post, but I read your blog and it just feels weirder to not respond.

    Glad you're feeling better!

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger LisaB said…

    I wandered to your site from Aunt Purl's and could relate while reading this entry. I am feeling the same way about spring cleaning. This weekend I plan to attack our home with a vengenace and clean all those corners that don't get clean. Good luck with your attempts at getting things "cleaned" up. P.S. It's so cool you like/listen to TMBG. I don't run across many people who even know who they are!

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Too Busy To Care said…

    carrie k - I love yoru comments. LOl - I just love comments. Makes me feel wanted! Do you have a blog?

    Elevs are afraid of cats. Cats can be very nasty manipulating creatures.

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Too Busy To Care said…

    lisab - TMBG is one of my faves. I love Flood. It is one of my top 5 faves to play to cheer myself up.

     
  • At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Crystal, I'm glad you're feeling better! My Internets are out at home. P.S. I want to kill BZ

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Any comment is a good comment then? Cool.

    No blog yet, but since I read about a kabillion of them, I'm sure I'll succumb soon. Also I'm hinting heavily for a digital camera for my birthday (because I will either buy one that it outrageously expensive for what I need or the cheapest brand ever) so I can post pictures when I do succumb. My camera phone pictures suck. As Stephen Colbert noted on the Daily Show, it has all the picture quality of a normal telephone and all the sound quality of a camera.

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad you're feeling better enough to plan, Crystal! I love your kitchen-- it's so bright and airy. It makes mine look like a cave.

    I wrote back to you in my comments, but of course you can add a link to me. I linked to you w/o your permission weeks ago because that's the kind of inconsiderate fool I am.

    Also, sorry I am such a dumbass that I tagged you even tho you had already been tagged. I blame it on finals.

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Too Busy To Care said…

    Jen - I plan on adding you to my links - I am just too lazy/busy to get to it.

    I hope your finals went well! Now you have plenty of time to lay int he sun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home