Where has my life gone?

The complete ramblings of a small town girl.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Hi, My name is......

This is something that has been driving me crazy for years - and now I have a place to bitch about it.

People who put their name on their car doors - or anywhere on their car for that matter. I mean what is that all about. Do they forget who they are so they must put their name on there as a reminder? It's not like I am talking about a Real Estate Agent or something like that - these are just your average every day people doing this.

What is really funny is when you pass a vehicle and the drivers side door says "John" - but it is clearly not John driving - because it is a woman! Or when the Male name is on drivers side and the Female name is on the passenger side - but there are two guys riding around in it! What idiots.

I could only come up with two good reasons why people should have their names on their cars.

Reason #1 - Say you are out riding around with your friends. You spot a HOT guy in the lane next to you, and you are like "Whoa - He's HOT, I wonder who he is". You see the name on the door and voila, you now know the HOT guys name is Jake. Now you can call out to him using his name and prevent the geeky guy in the car behind him from thinking you are speaking to him. As if.

Reason #2 - The asshole in the lane next to you keeps sliding over the line into your lane. You see his name on the door. Now when you unleash your road rage obscenities at him, he will now know that you are yelling these obscenities at him. As in "Stay in your own Fucking Lane John". No more Road Rage Confusion.

These are the types of things I think about when I have too much free time on my hands.

Wish me luck - I haev an appt. with my Hair Dresser this week.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The woman with John on the side of the car must have been occupational like the real estate agent. Just a different line of work. It's all about solicitation.

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Too Busy To Care said…

    LOL - She was like 90 years old. but hey whatever pays the mobile scooter bills!

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have never seen this name on door phenomenon! Sometimes here we have people with their names on the rear window, in back of the passenger and driver's seats. But that's only on trucks. Weird! No accounting for taste.

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Too Busy To Care said…

    Jen - Look I finally added you to my links list! Ha - and I thought I would accomplish nothing today!

    This name on the door thing - may very well be a southern redneck thing! You have 12 Davids we have names on car and truck doors.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home