Where has my life gone?

The complete ramblings of a small town girl.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

New & Improved

Sorry ya'll. I have been seriously slow on the posting lately. Busy, busy. Promise to try harder.

Mmmmm. Tasty.
I was grocery shopping last night and needed to pick up some dog food. Abbey and Opie are on a diet, they have gotten kind of chunky lately. I noticed a bag of dog food that said "New and Improved Taste". How do they know it tastes better. I mean really. Is there someone out there who taste tests dog food?

Dog Food Company: Today we will be tasting Chicken and Rice Flavored Dry Dog Food.

Taste Tester: Woohoo. My favorite. Crunch. Crunch. Wow. This one tastes way better than the current one!

I actually stood there in the grocery store laughing out loud at the scene playing in my head. I wonder if they get a glass of dog food gravy to wash it down with.

I'll do it for $20
Typing that just made me think about our friends 30th Bday Party last year.

We have a friend who will do anything for money. I think we all have "that friend" in our social group. These bets always occur after large amounts of alcohol have been consumed.

We were all standing in the kitchen admiring the "Naked Lady" Cake. Some of that cake ended up on the floor and before you know it he was bet money to eat it off the floor. Which he promptly did.

Being the mature bunch that we are people started dropping various things on the floor to see if he would eat them. And of course he did, washing what ever he ate down with more beer.

It was only a matter of time before someone noticed the bowl of dry cat food on the floor. It all ended very badly. Apparently cat food and beer don't go well together. And the sad part - he forgot to collect the $20 for eating it.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Taste testing dog food. Huh. Somebody has to do it, but I always pictured Morris the Cat (and his dog equivalent). Imagine if it's really a person? What's the pay scale? I'd rather be the person who comes up with the lipstick names.

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger Too Busy To Care said…

    Ah yes. The much sought after job of naming Lipstick and Nail Polish.

    Some how I always end up buying Liptsick and Nail Polish that have Trashy/Suggestive names. What does that say about me?

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Me too. But then again, it's not like they've named anything Prudish or Makes The Bed Every Morning either.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home