Where has my life gone?

The complete ramblings of a small town girl.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Friday-Today

I used to think that weekends were for rest, shopping and me time. Ha - what was I thinking.

Friday - I saw my Dr for my final follow-up on Friday. He said I was getting better and could resume using my treadmill. He suggested I take it easy and build back up(HA - back up to what?). That night I cooked dinner, went to the Grocery Store, then went to the bar. At the bar I proceeded to drink waaaaaaay to much. Arrived home at 2am-ish.

Saturday - Woke up wondering what the loud banging noise was. Realized it was my head. Eventually dragged my butt out of bed and went into town to eat breakfast. Then I decided to go to Wal-Mart. Being the small town that this is I ran into every damn person I know there - and they all had to let me know just how bad I looked, including Mark's Parents. Went home and washed dogs and did laundry. Then that night we took Mark's Dad out for dinner. It was a loooooong day. I consumed unbelievable amounts of Sweet Tea.

Sunday - I actually resisted the urge to respond to all social requests(Trip to Sea World, Outlet Mall Shopping, Target, etc) and stayed home and cleaned. Good God, the house was gross. Then I plopped down on the couch and watched endless hours of Surreal Life Re-runs topped off by the Surreal Life Season 4 Reunion. Sally Jessie is looking scarier than usual lately.

Oh Yeah, During all of this on Sunday I also cooked about 15lbs of Pork Ribs to take to the River with us on Monday!

Monday - Got up at an obscene hour(7am) and cooked breakfast. Then after cooking, eating and cleaning up after breakfast I cooked Baked Beans to take to the River with us. We left for the River, stopped and picked my friend Laura up and made the cross county trip to Weeki Wachee, home of the mermaids. Once at the River we sat in the sun and ate lots and lots of food. I came home a nice shade of pink and very, very full.

Tuesday - Back to work. When I woke up this morning it was storming, badly. Then my power went out at 7am - before I managed to get a shower and get ready for work! So I came to work in a company T-Shirt and Jeans, no make-up and scary hair. When you have a well, you have no water when there is no power! At Noon I ran to my mom's house and at least washed my hair and put on some makeup. So I have been hiding out here at my desk all day - doing paperwork and crunching numbers.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home