Where has my life gone?

The complete ramblings of a small town girl.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Rug Rats & Question #2

No - this is not a post about how I need to vacuum my carpet because it is being taken over by furry animals. Though at some point I really should vacuum my carpet.

I get asked two questions on a regular basis.
#1 -When are you getting married?
#2 - When are you going to have kids?

Marks mom has actually started asking question #2 and just skipping right over question #1. It makes for interesting family dinners.

The answer to both is Never. I don't want kids. It is not because I hate them - they actually are quite fun. In very. short. doses. Very short.

You see, I am selfish. but it is OK, because I know I am and because of that I have chosen not to bring children into my life. I want to shop for ME, I want to stay out until the wee hours, I want to be able to be spontaneous. None of which is an option if you have kids. My dogs even slow me down more than I would like.

I love my nieces and my friends kids(to which I am an honorary Aunt). And I spoil the hell out of all of them - then send them on home! It is the best of both worlds - I am kid free - but can borrow them whenever I get the whim. The kids love me - because I buy them presents and feed them unbelievable amounts of sugar :)

So the next time you see me - don't ask question #1 or #2. As for question #1 - that is a discussion that requires its own post.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know what you mean. Although I want kids some day, I am definitely scared about how much it changes your life. I mean, it's hard enough to get a cat-sitter so I can go on vacation and to know I always have to be home a certain number of times a day to feed the cats. I can't imagine the adjustments you have to make when you have kids.

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Too Busy To Care said…

    Exactly. Do you have nieces/nephews? I figure they are just as good - but way less responsibility.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home