Where has my life gone?

The complete ramblings of a small town girl.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Two months and counting.......

HA - I spelled out two. Certain people are always getting onto me that when writing any number under 10 it should be spelled out. See I do retain important information occasionally.

As for the title........Two months left until the end of Hurricane Season. I hope that the last two months are quiet and we so no more destruction. I just can not take watching CNN cover any more Hurricane ravaged towns. It sucks ya'll.

Of course I read the other day that October is the most likely month of Hurricane Season for the Tampa Bay area to be hit by a Hurricane. But I am keeping my fingers crossed and practicing my Voodoo Hurricane dance in hopes that it will keep them away from here.

I am thankful that thus far my area of FL has not seen any Hurricane activity this year. By this time last year I had been glanced by three Hurricanes and been without power for 10 days. And that was just from a glance - I am not sure I could handle a full on Hurricane. I may have to evacuate to someplace else - like Canada.

Fall? I think we have fallen into Hell
Here it is, officially Fall, and hotter than Hell here. Crap, isn't Fall supposed to be brisk autumn air, pumpkins, hay rides, etc? If you tried to go on a hay ride here now, the hay would probably catch on fire. It is way too Hot to be looking at fall decorations and Christmas decorations.

You have got to be kidding
Yes, you heard me. Christmas Decorations. If you just read that and did not cringe and think "In September?" there is something seriously wrong with you. That means that Christmas decorations are out at least Five months of the year! Sept - Dec for Pre-Holiday buying and at least the month of January for Post-Holiday sales.

Five months of the year to buy decorations to essentially celebrate One Day in December! Madness I tell you - it is all Madness!

And by the way
DO NOT CALL ME AFTER 8PM TONIGHT. I can not stress this enough ya'll. I will be watching LOST and I am not to be disturbed at all. It is perfectly acceptable though to call me to discuss LOST first thing tomorrow. If this weeks episode is as great as last weeks episode - there will be lots to discuss!

7 Comments:

  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger Ang said…

    oh no spam!
    CANADA CANADA CANADA!!!
    All bloggers should mmove to canada. but if you are trying to avoid hurricanes don't go to Halifax - we were in a hurricane there it was scary.

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Too Busy To Care said…

    And not veen very exciting Spam. Last time I got Spanish Dating Service Spam.

    Mark just came back form Canada, he went to Toronto & Lake of the Woods.

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger Chase Squires said…

    Mmmmmmm. Spaniards!

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope it has cooled down a bit!

    My Target already has some Christmas stuff. So wrong.

    LOST gives me a heart attack to watch -- so stressful.

    p.s. I think you can use the blogger captcha! service to prevent spam.

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so involved in LOST that I think of it as this place where all my friends crash landed and KATE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT GO INTO THE HATCH FIRST. You know? I'm kind of sad that way.

    Also! Hi! Guess who is pathetica and is JUST NOW sending off your birthday present??? heh heh

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger Too Busy To Care said…

    LOl - No hurry - I didn't send your present on time either!

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Be prepared for the next hurricane katrina news or find another one that's similar. As the Boy Scouts say: "Be Prepared"!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home