Where has my life gone?

The complete ramblings of a small town girl.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

I'm still here!

I am buried beneath work and volunteer projects - but I am still alive! Sometimes I am not even sure what day it is.

Here is a quick run down. After this I am going to make more of an effort to get back on a regular posting schedule.

Hurricanes: I had to stop watching the news, I was crying way too much. The dogs, the babies, it was just too much for me to take. And now T.S. Ophelia is hanging out off of our coast and the forecasters have no idea where it is going. It has been stationary for a while now just building up strength. The good thing about Ophelia - it has made it slightly cooler here. For now - I am just going to pretend it does not exist.

Home: Umm, not home much. Mark is in Canada and the dogs are not speaking to me, they think I spend entirely too much time away from home. We ran out of dog cookies two days ago and I am afraid if I do not come home with more today the dogs may start eating me. My friend Molly has spent the last few nights with me because I live closer to work and gas is so expensive.

Work: Busy, busy. I think that may all I can say about it on blog without being fired. Ha.

Volunteer: I have so many projects going on right now. Antique Faire this Saturday, fundraiser for November, kumquat Festival in January, Chamber Mixer in December, Motorcycle Festival in February, and there is more but it escapes my mind at the moment. And some of this stuff seems far off, but the planning of these events takes forever. Basically you start planning for next years event the day after this years event takes place. It is a never ending planning session.

Knitting: Sadly my knitting is being neglected at the moment. This saddens me because I was so excited about finally learning the knit stitch. I wonder if it would be rude to knit while sitting in some of these planning sessions?

6 Comments:

  • At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey! How cool that someone thought of you and thought you would like a spanish dating service! woohoo! Mark does not know what he's missing being off in Canada!

    I am sending you stuff, soon. Miss you. Watch less TV news.

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger Too Busy To Care said…

    i am excited about the spanish dating service I speak nada espanol. ha ha i am funny.

    you should plan a trip to visit your parents around kumquat time!

     
  • At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Haha. Spanish dating service.
    That is a lot of volunteering, Crystal! You are building up some seriously good karma. Maybe you will not need to marry rich because you will win the lottery.

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Too Busy To Care said…

    LOL - well any time that Karma wants to cash itself in and win me the lottery - I am ready!

    Then I can quit my job and volunteer full time. I would even join the Women's Club

     
  • At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When watching images of suffering people on TV gets you down, do what I do ... Repeat "At Least It's Not Me" three times, then have a beer.

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Chase Squires said…

    Hey, is this thing on? Yo .. you thinking you might ever post again?

    Sheesh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home