Where has my life gone?

The complete ramblings of a small town girl.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Water - I need Water

I went to Sea World yesterday. The Heat Index was 110. It was sooooo HOT. I am still dehydrated today. I have never sweat so much in my entire life.

You would think that at a park full of water - you could find a way to cool off. But apparently they "frown upon" you trying to join the sea life in the water. Whatever. You get to spend your whole day watching sea life happily enjoying their nice cool water - while you stand in the sun and sweat enough to fill their tanks.

Haven't had much time to work on the knitting - I just keep casting on - taking it off - casting on - taking it off- you get the picture. Makes me feel like I am knitting until I can figure out how to actually knit and purl!

7 Comments:

  • At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dude. Casting on is the most important thing in life... next to water. And vacation. I NEED A VACATION.

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Too Busy To Care said…

    Come visit me - then you can teach me to knit! Is it hotter here or in LA? That may decide who visits who.

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello,

    I love your blog. Just writing to tell you that you may want to try to see if you can find the KLUTZ series. That is how I taught myself to knit, it is geared towards teenagers and the instructions are pretty easy.

    You can see the actual kit here:
    http://www.klutz.com/search.php?search=knitting

    Thembi

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger Too Busy To Care said…

    Thanks - I will check it out - at this poitn I will try anything. I am NOT giving up - I will master this. I will be knitting CAP's Magic Scarf before you know it!

     
  • At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I haven't done any knitting either. I've been too busy doing nothing in this heat and apparently getting so dehydrated I got a fever blister. I can't believe you're having to deal with the heat AND humidity, though -- at least here it's a dry heat.

    I finally mailed you your mix today -- sorry for the delay.

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Too Busy To Care said…

    Jen - Thank You. I will keep an eye out for it. VEery excited. I LOVE getting things in the mail!

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Interesting site! Good stuff, good resources here. Nice site. All the best!
    - kumquatcapital.blogspot.com r
    spaghetti alla carbonara

     

Post a Comment

<< Home