Where has my life gone?

The complete ramblings of a small town girl.

Monday, July 11, 2005

I Hate You News.

So Hurricane Dennis managed to miss us this weekend. But he still managed to make the weekend miserable by dumping tons of rain, wind and tornados on us. It is amazing that the trees in our yard still have any leaves on them.

It poured almost all day Saturday and Sunday. I combated the bad weather by staying indoors eating junk food, reading, napping and watching movies. I did venture out once to go shopping - but the wind was so bad it wasn't any fun at all trying to get form my car to the stores.

Last night after Entourage Mark decided we should watch the news and see what the weather was going to be like this week. I told him I didn't want to - because last year every time a Hurricane had passed us and we watched the news - another damn storm was on the way.

But NO - Mark wouldn't listen and turned on the news - And I was right as usual. Tropical Depression #5 headed our way. It is predicted to be Tropical Storm Emily by this afternoon. And looking at the 5 day Projected Path - it could be close to us by this coming weekend.

Now - the path of these storms changes a lot. But I am completely convinced that by next weekend I will be dealing with Hurricane Emily. It is way to early in the season to be dealing with this shit. I hope it does not continue on this trend until Hurricane Season ends in November. I will be water logged by then.

Laurie - can you knit me an Ark?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home