Where has my life gone?

The complete ramblings of a small town girl.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Help. I'm Melting!

I heard someone say the other day "Southern girls are cute. They always look dewey."

WTF. We are not dewey. We are freaking melting. It is 99 Degrees with 110% Humidity. That is not dew you see on my face - that is my face slowly dripping away.

I don't care how freakin full of Southern Grace you are - it all starts to melt out of you starting in June and it doesn't stop until, oh I don't know, 1 or 2 days(at least) in January. Christ it is Hot, Humid and Steamy lately.

Call me Chicken Little
It is Steamy because we are in the "Rainy Season". By rainy season I mean the sky freakin falls every damn afternoon. I am not talking a nice gentle rain here - we are talking go build an arc so you can get to the post office before the last pick-up of the day without drowning on the way.

Oh, and on top of the "end of the world flooding rain", we have lightning. The kind that makes the hair stand up on your arms. The kind that keeps you from making calls because you are afraid you will be fried while gossiping about what so-and so's Momma was wearing in the SuperMarket last night.

Of course because I have a long weekend(4 Glorious Days Away From The Office) it will rain all day, every day on my time off. Then on Tuesday I will come back to work and it will be all sunshine.

NOTE: HA HA. When I did spell check it kept trying to replace Freakin with Foreskin.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said…

    This is the hottest it's been in Houston since I moved here. I'm afraid to go outside. Literally. C'mon October!!!

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Too Busy To Care said…

    Lord, October brings no relief here in FL. It will be sweltering. It usually starts to cool down towards the end of November. Heck Thanksgiving wa srather warm here last year.

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Haha, what so-and-so's Mama was wearing at the Supermarket.

    It's hot as blue blazes here in LA right now, too, but no rain thank goodness. And at least I have AC in my car while poor Laurie in her Jeep does not.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home