Where has my life gone?

The complete ramblings of a small town girl.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

It's stuck where?

This was an actual conversation between Mark and I. It took place on my cell speaker phone with my friend Laura in the car with me.

Me: Hello
Mark: Um, there's a problem
Me: What?
Mark: There's something wrong with your dog
Me: Oh My God - which one?
Mark: Opie
Me: Well what's wrong?
Mark: Um, not sure how to put this......

Silence

Me:(very concerned that my dog might be dead)

Mark:His thing is stuck.
Me: What thing?
Mark: You know "his" thing
Me: Oh. Um...where is it stuck?
Mark: It is stuck out. And it won't go back in - and he is whining and biting at it.

I am going to stop the conversation at this point to let ya'll know that it sounded like Mark was cringing over the phone. It was almost as if something was wrong with Mark's thing.

Me: Well help him.
Mark: What the hell am I supposed to do?

Laura: (Laughing Hysterically) Put ice on it.
Mark: That's not funny.
Me: (Now laughing my ass off) Well what do you want me to do about it?
Mark: Come home and help

At this point I was laughing so hard I couldn't even talk. Laura was laughing. And Mark was not happy with either of us.

And as for poor Opie. By the time I got home his thing was unstuck(all on it's own) and he seems to be fine.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh no! Poor Opie! And poor Mark. Although I would also probably be laughing and totally unhelpful just knowing how much this entry made me laugh!

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger Too Busy To Care said…

    Poor Mark was very disturbed by the whole situation.

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Put sugar on it .. is that where the Def Leppard song comes from? Just wonderin' ... And remember, if it lasts for more than four hours, go out and brag to your neighbors!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home