Where has my life gone?

The complete ramblings of a small town girl.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Gone are the days...

of Summer Vacation. Those glorious months off during the summer where you did nothing but eat, sleep, sleep some more and hang out with your friends.

The whole world should revolve around the school calendar. Time off for Thanksgiving. Time off for Christmas. Time off for Easter. Lots of time in the Summer. A Friday here, a Monday there.

Don't you think the world would be a happier place? Your time off would be guaranteed. Your vacation wouldn't get bumped for some "big project". You wouldn't be jockeying for time off with coworkers. And your friends would all be off at the same time you are.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger MC said…

    AMEN!

    I think you would enjoy this...I got a folder for the class I have that is starting tonight. The thing that makes it fun is that it says this across the front..."What happened to recess?" That's a good question...I am still looking for the answer!

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, I totally agree. Or at least that we should get as much vacation as the Europeans. They know how to live.

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger Too Busy To Care said…

    m.thom & dee - Thanks to both of you for visiting!

    Jenn - WE should just move to Europe - the food is better, the vacations are better. What is stopping us?

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know! I'm hoping maybe law school will open up some international doors for me. And of course Laurie and you would have to come with me! Either that or Laurie will write an international best seller and will be able to choose wherever she wants to live and take us with her.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home