Where has my life gone?

The complete ramblings of a small town girl.

Friday, July 15, 2005

Doing the Happy Dance.

It looks like Hurricane Emily is going to miss us. That is good since it is up to a Category 4 Hurricane.

We had some nasty weather here last night. Severe rain and lightning, heavy winds and hail. The wind knocked a tree over onto the neighbors truck - and downtown was flooded. I hate lightning and it was hitting way, way too close for comfort last night. Made the hair on my arms stand up. This storm sat over us for about an hour - it just wasn't moving at all. We ended up getting between 4 - 5 inches of rain in an hour - I think that is more rain than we got during some of the hurricanes last year!

So - now that I won't have the drama of a Hurricane barreling towards me this weekend I need to find something to do with me time. Tonight will be dedicated to reading the 6th Harry Potter Book(won't ya'll be glad when I've read it and can stop talking about it). So that means I will have to sleep in late tomorrow.

Because of the nasty weather last weekend I missed out on my weekly trip to Target, so I will definitely have to make up for that this weekend. I miss Target. Oh how I love Target. My mom usually goes with me and she gets very frustrated because I have a very specific way of navigating Target and I do not like to deviate from my plan. She will see something and want to go look at it - and I will refuse - it is not time to navigate that part of Target yet.

Yes ya'll - I know I have issues.

Oh, I almost forgot - I finally broke down and had sweet tea this morning. But I am not going to let this snowball back into regular sweet tea drinking. I am feeling very guilty at the moment for drinking it. But, oh what sugary goodness it was while it lasted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home